Thursday 5 January 2012

De Struise Tsjeeses 2010

Good evening all. This will most likely be my final post for the evening, so expect fewer literary devices and a more succinct reviewing experience. It's that point of the evening when the only beer on my mind is a Belgian Strong Pale Ale (I'm sure you can appreciate that as well), so Tsjeeses 2010 from De Struise seems like the perfect choice. Review after the pic....


Tsjeeses 2010 (10.0 % ABV) has a name that constantly requires me to look at the bottle to verify the spelling, and pours an amber colour with a relatively thick white head that dissolves to a patchy foam on the surface of the beer. The aroma is very phenolic with some spiciness and an underlying sweetness. The taste is just as spicy and phenolic, with a thick sweetness reminiscent of caramel or toffee (can't really put my finger on it) and a fruity character in the background. The sweetness does provide a slight bite to the finish, but this is very momentary. The mouthfeel is quite light with moderate carbonation. This beer is a rich Belgian Strong Pale Ale that packs in a lot of spiciness and sweetness without being too overpowering. Although not my favourite beer style- I'm more of a fan of the lighter Belgian beers- it's definitely worth trying at least once.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment